Monday, May 9, 2011

thinking...

Know what I've been thinkin lately? Life isn't all RADIANCE. There are hard times too, the times where you just want to break down and sob your heart out. The times when you want to curl up in a ball and disappear. I've been through some of these times lately, and they're absolutely horrible. I wish I could erase the troubles from my mind, but that can't happen. I think that's why I believe so much in RADIANCE. Radiance is hope, and hope is the one thing that I can hold on to, even in the darkest of moments. Oscar Wilde once said, "We are all stuck in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." This is so true. People will always have struggles, no matter what we do. But with darkness comes light, and with failed tries, comes strength and experience. By thinking positively and hopefully, we make the crosses we bear a little lighter. I know what your thinking now, "I'm done hoping. My hopes have failed." I feel that way sometimes too, but as soon as I get out of that bluesy funk, I try to think on the bright side again. It's the best we can do in this crazy life.

Hope is the Thing with Feathers
By: Emily Dickinson

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,
 
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment