Friday, May 13, 2011

Laryngitis

I love to talk. It's one of my favorite pastimes. But, as of now, I cannot talk or perform in the acting show case I was supposed to perform in tonight. ITS HORRIBLE :( ! I have Laryngitis and it is pretty tedious, but there are some things that I'm doing to make my voice feel better. If you are ever in need of some throat soothers here are some tips:

*POPSICLES(cherry are especially good)
*Green tea and Chamomile tea (both noncaffienated) or any other tea out of the big bunch of teas out there
*Cough drops(For me the best are cherry--again! haha)
*HONEY--have it by itself or add it to pretty much anything (hot tea, warm milk, boiled water, etc.etc.)
*Chicken Noodle Soup(Not absolutely necessary, but it helps and my dad whips up some a pretty awesome batch)
*Something very important is...WATER! Stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids.
*Last but not least--Rest your voice! I should have rested my voice today. I tried what you would call "talking" (basically whispering), and it made this case worse. So lay off on those vocal chords, I guess that they sometimes need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment