Saturday, May 14, 2011

3 a.m. Wake up Call

I've been sick this week with a bad virus and had to go to the doctor yesterday. As soon as I walked into the doctor's office, I heard a baby screaming. It brought back "wonderful" memories of the weekend when I had to take care of an electronic baby for Health Class.

My baby, Benny, was cute and cuddly at first. He cried a couple of times during the first day I got him (when the baby cries you have to either change its diaper, feed it, rock it, or burp it). I went to sleep the first night, relieved that taking care of the thing wasn't actually that bad. But...3 a.m on the dot, the "creature"(as I liked to call it after I realized it wasn't so cute and cuddly anymore) woke up screaming its bald head off. I couldn't get the thing to shut up until my mom, with her maternal instincts, came into my room and rocked it. That night I made a silent vow that  I would never become a Teen Mom. Teenage years are meant to be enjoyed. They are not meant to be spent waking up every three hours at night to take care of another human being.

In Health class, the day I brought the baby back to school, I heard some interesting stories about classmates who took the baby out and about, while taking care of it. I stayed home the whole weekend, not risking the embarassment of being stuck in a store with Benny screaming. Their stories consisted of people giving them rude stares, and whispering about them. One of the worst stories I heard went like this--a girl couldn't get her baby to shut up in a store, and a woman came up to her and said, "Serves you right!"
Hold up woman! What's your problem? I'm not saying that being a Teen mom is good, but everybody makes mistakes and you shouldn't prejudice against someone because of that. People should be more respectful. Respect=RADIANCE

 Benny :)

If you want to learn more about teenage pregnancy here are some links:

No comments:

Post a Comment