Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Originality

Just thought I'd like to share some of my original poetry. It may sound cheesy because I need more practice. But I write these at my most vulnerable times so I hope you enjoy them!

Night Light

On a dark, summer night
a little girl cries
scared of being enveloped by darkness
she asks her mommy for a light

The light flickers on
giving her courage to be strong
she now faces the night fearlessly
all the monsters, toils, and dangers are gone

On a dark, summer night
a poor woman prays
scared of being enveloped by darkness
she asks for a light, a way

The light slowly ascends,,
giving her courage to be strong,
she now faces the night fearlessly,
the Lord is right beside her,
the monsters are long gone.





Love on its Wings
The light dances through the window,
embracing me in its golden glow.
It comforts me like a mother
comforting her baby.
glimmering, shimmering, sparkling,
the light fills the room with sweet aray.
When times are hard,
I look up into that bright star of light
called the sun.
In its big sea of blue,
it holds a promise of happiness,
It speaks to me like the wind
whispering in the trees,
the waves lapping up on the seashore.
The light fills me with joy.
When darkness comes,
I feel almost overwhelmed with emptiness,
but the hope of a new dawn
creeps across my heart.
It reassures me that the light
will fight through, and will shine again
in the morning,
with renewal, faith, and life,
the light will shine across the earth,
carrying love on its wings.



xo,
amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment