Sunday, June 5, 2011

Barefoot

It is finally beautiful out in Chicago, and today I went for a nice walk to pick up some Starbucks.

I wore flip flops and half way through my little sojourn, I decided to take my shoes off.

 Oh, how I love the feeling of  bare ground on my feet! It is a reminder to me that us humans are a part of the Earth, and that we are united with nature. There are the crinkling leaves, cool shaded areas of the sidewalk, and thick, soft, grass, that make going barefoot a pleasant experience. But there is also the splintering hot asphalt, and sharp sticks that prick your feet as you go about your walk.

 This reminds me of life.

As humans, we are given the bare nessesities to journey through life. We will never know the secrets that involve why we were created, or the meaning of life. We have to walk barefoot, and enjoy the good and endure the bad. After many cuts and callouses, our feet become strong enough to endure anything.

So sometime during this summer week, I encourage you to take a walk bare foot. You might step on something sharp. Or your feet might get a little bit dirty. But that's life right? The bad things help you appreciate the good things, and suddenly that soft patch of grass seems a lot more inviting.



xo,
Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment